One last thing! Do NOT Jose Cuervo or another cheap brand. Cheap tequila is cheap for a reason...yuck!
True Margarita: Serves 2
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) tequila
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 ounce (1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons) agave nectar
- 1 slice lime (sliced crosswise into a wheel)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
Optional: Before filling the glass with ice, moisten the rim and dip it in a dish of kosher salt.
Shake the tequila, lime juice and agave nectar with ice in a cocktail shaker. Then strain your margarita into your salt rimmed glass. Garnish with a lime half. CHEERS!